Welcome to the Building and Zoning Department. This department is certified under the direction of the Certified Residential Building Official which provides services related to the issuance of building permits (electrical, plumbing, mechanical), sign permits, zoning permits, flood plain improvement permits, and water and sewer tap permits.
The Building and Zoning Department is also a public information source for the Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP), Community Reinvestment Areas (CRA), City Master Plan, Planning & Economic Development, Residential, Commercial and Industrial development.
The Certified Residential Building Official acts as the secretary to the City Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, Board of Building Appeals, and Housing Review Board. The Certified Residential Building Official also acts as the Building Inspector, Housing Officer, Nuisance Officer, Downtown Revitalization
Officer.Tom Zimmerman, Building/Zoning Official firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Westhoven, Administrative Assistant email@example.com
- For one, two and three family dwellings in the City of Napoleon
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Addition of a Fence, Pool, Garage, and Shed under 200 square feet
- Residential Zoning Permit Application
- Permit for New Home
- Any property other than one, two, or three family dwellings in the City of Napoleon
- Zoning Permit Application
- Residential. Commercial and Industrial
- Contractor Registration Form
- New Contractors must fill out Tax forms also
- The Board of Zoning Appeals meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 4:30 PM at City Hall, 255 West Riverview Ave., Napoleon, Ohio, 43545.
- Application for Public Hearing
- The Planning Commission meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 5:00 PM at City Hall, 255 West Riverview Ave., Napoleon, Ohio, 43545.
- Application for Planning Commission
- The Preservation Commission meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 3:30 PM at City Hall, 255 West Riverview Ave., Napoleon, Ohio, 43545.
- Application for Certificate of Appropriateness