1400 Oakwood Ave.
Oakwood Park is considered the "jewel" of the City of Napoleon's park system. The first phase of this park's development began in the Summer of 1992 with the construction of the two youth baseball/softball diamonds (since named American Legion and Campbells Field) and the pony league baseball field (since named Veteran's Field). The entry drive and large parking lot was constructed as well as the lake in the front of the park. Federal and state grant monies, city funds, and private donations were major sources of funding for the initial construction. Since that time, additional grant funding, donations, and city funds have been utilized to finish the remaining phases of Oakwood Park's development.
Facilities include four baseball/softball diamonds, batting cages, a basketball court, a football field, sand volleyball court, two open air shelter houses, a fishing lake, wooded hiking trails, and year-round restroom facilities. Through a recent state grant, the Parks and Recreation Department constructed a 1 mile walking path around the perimeter of the park. This scenic path is handicapped accessible and is perfect for those who love to walk or jog to stay in shape.
View photos of Oakwood Park's Facilities:
521 Glenwood Ave.
This park is often referred to as "City Park" as this was the center of activity in Napoleon for many years. The City's golf course, swimming pool, and a youth baseball diamond are all located in Glenwood Park which encompasses over 50 acres. The recent addition of Kidz Kingdom, a large wooden playground structure, has made Glenwood Park a favorite for many families. The Parks and Recreation Department's Fourth of July Celebration is held annually at Glenwood from July 1st thru July 4th.
View photos of various facilities at Glenwood Park:
1111 W. Riverview Ave.
Ritter Park is one of many of Napoleon's parks situated along the Maumee River. Once a state park built in the 1930's, Ritter Park is now a passive park that people can enjoy whether at the historical stone shelter house for reunions or other gatherings or strolling along the walking path enjoying the view of the river. The city's boat launch facility is part of Ritter Park and is a popular spot for boating enthusiasts during the summer months.
Renovations have recently been made to the boatramp area with the assistance of grant funds through the ODNR Division of Watercraft that included a new restroom facility and new parking areas. Grant funds were also received for the replacement of the retaining wall next to the walking path as well as the Garrett Creek culvert.
View photos of Ritter Park:
750 W. Maumee St.
Oberhaus Park is the latest addition to Napoleon's park system. Donated by Edwin Oberhaus, Oberhaus Park is a passive park that has Maumee River frontage on its northern border. A public boat dock stretches 250 feet in length along the river for the boating public. You can also enjoy a peaceful, leisurely walk on the 1/2 mile walking path.
This beautiful structure is now available to the community for rentals year round. Both the Lions and Rotary Clubs of Napoleon have raised funds and solicited donated time and materials for this building. The building was completed in the Spring of 2003.
Oberhaus Park is now the site for our Flag Football program held in Septemer and October.
View pictures of Oberhaus Park: