- Operations/Service Building Departments > Streets and Sewers
- 1775 Industrial Drive
- Monday-Friday | 7:00AM-3:30PM
The Sewer divison is responsible for the maintenance of approximately 248,000 feet of combined and sanitary sewers. The pipes in the system range in size from 4-inch force mains to a 35” X 45” hand-laid brick elliptical sewer. The pipes in the system are composed of vitrified clay, brick, concrete, cast iron, and plastic. The pipes extend in age from newly installed to over 100 years old.
The department is staffed by 4 full-time employees who are responsible for a variety of tasks such as investigate sewer complaints, sewer line locates, television of sewers, sign maintenance, street sweeping, street striping, crack sealing, and snow removal, but is also vital in mosquito control and operation of the yard waste site. The department also assists in the seasonal cleanups.
Report a Pothole
City of Napoleon Ordinance 355.01
LEVEL 1 – Street and Roadway Advisory – When streets or roadways are hazardous due to blowing and drifting snow or freezing rain and extra caution is advisable when driving.
LEVEL 2 – Street and Roadway and Snow Removal Warning – When streets or roadways are hazardous due to blowing or drifting snow or freezing rain to the extent that it is advisable to travel only in case of necessity; or when certain streets or roads are closed due to weather conditions; or when there exists a necessity to clear certain parking areas defined by the City in the snow emergency routes or zones or in priority (1) and (2) snow removal areas.
LEVEL 3 – Street and Roadway Emergency – When streets or roadways are extremely hazardous due to weather conditions as described in Level 2, or when white-out conditions exist, and when all or most streets or roadways are closed in the City, except for authorized for authorized travel. For the purpose of this level, authorized travel means:
- Emergency personnel traveling to and from work, or when officially engaged in their work activities;
- Snow removal personnel traveling to and from work, or when officially engaged in their work activities;
- Persons traveling in case of a bona fide life threatening emergency;
- Persons removing their vehicle from a snow emergency route or zone;
- Others authorized by the Henry County Sheriff, Napoleon Police Chief, or Napoleon City Manager, or any of their designated persons.
Mailbox Replacement Policy approved by Resolution No. 041-09, passed 06-15-2009, states:
“Mailboxes, including its post or other support, that are lawfully and properly constructed or placed in the City right-of-way and subsequently damaged or destroyed as a result being actually struck by a City owned, leased, or contracted snow plow, will not be replaced by the City; however, subject to appropriation of funds, the owner of the mailbox may be compensated for his or her damages by the City in an amount not to exceed $50.00 upon filing a claim with the City and providing the necessary release of further claims therefore.”
The City of Napoleon provides mosquito control during the months of June, July, and August and possibly into September if necessary.
The mosquito spray is an odorless, fast acting, low toxicity chemical; however, individuals with respiratory problems may want to close their doors and windows.
Spraying each evening will begin at approximately 8:00 PM on the following weekdays:
- Tuesday – Areas south of Woodlawn Avenue and west of Webster Street.
- Wednesday – Areas north of Woodlawn Avenue and west of Oakwood Avenue including Maple, Fillmore, Shelby, Hobson, Monroe and East Clinton Streets.
- Thursday – Areas east of Oakwood Avenue, East Riverdowns Park and all areas south of the river.
Spraying will not occur if winds are over 10 mph, if it is raining, or if the temperature is below 60 degrees.