*Snow Emergency Level 2 issued Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 1:28PM*
CHAPTER 355 – SNOW EMERGENCY
A snow emergency shall be classified in one of three levels:
- (a) Level 1. Street and Roadway Advisory: When streets or roadways are hazardous due to blowing or drifting snow or freezing rain and extra caution is advisable when driving.
- (b) Level 2. Street and Roadway and Snow Removal Warning: When streets or roadways are hazardous due to blowing or drifting snow or freezing rain to the extent that it is advisable to travel only in case of necessity; or when certain streets or roads are closed due to the weather conditions; or when there exists a necessity to clear certain parking areas defined by the City in the snow emergency routes or zones or in priority (1) and (2) snow removal areas.
- (c) Level 3. Street and Roadway Emergency: When streets or roadways are extremely hazardous due to weather conditions as described in Level 2, or when white-out conditions exist, and when all or most streets or roadways are closed in the City, except for authorized travel. For the purpose of this level, authorized travel means:
- (1) Emergency personnel traveling to and from work, or when officially engaged in their work activities;
- (2) Snow removal personnel traveling to and from work, or when officially engaged in their work activities;
- (3) Persons traveling in case of a bona fide life threatening emergency;
- (4) Persons removing their vehicle from a snow emergency route or zone; and
- (5) Others authorized by the Henry County Sheriff, Napoleon Police Chief, or Napoleon City Manager, or any of their designated persons.
(Ord. 8-00. Passed 1-3-00.) View complete Chapter 355 Snow Emergency here.
355.03 DRIVING PROHIBITIONS.
It shall be unlawful for any person not authorized in accordance with Section 355.01 to operate a motor vehicle upon any street or roadway in the City during a Level 3 snow emergency. The burden is on the operator to convince the trier of fact that they were authorized. A violation of this section shall constitute a violation of the City’s Traffic Code.
355.04 PARKING PROHIBITIONS.
It shall be unlawful for any motor vehicle to be parked or be allowed to remain parked on snow emergency routes or zones after the expiration of sixty minutes from the time a Level 2 or 3 snow emergency is declared and publicly announced. Any vehicle found illegally parked therein may be towed and stored at the owner’s expense.